Brisbane Marketing Pty Ltd’s (trading as “Brisbane Economic Development Agency” or “Brisbane EDA”) (Brisbane EDA) privacy, copyright and disclaimer statements are designed to protect your rights and govern the use of information on this website.
Brisbane EDA’s privacy procedures have been developed with your rights and needs in mind. Brisbane EDA will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals having regard to the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act.
Collecting your information
Brisbane EDA holds your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement and we will:
- Tell you when and for what purpose we will be collecting the information
- Tell you what information is necessary to access Brisbane EDA’s products and services, including payments and transactions
- Not ask for or collect any personal or sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or statistical requirements to complete the requested transaction
- Take all reasonable steps to permanently remove personal identification from the information collected about you if it is no longer needed.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, for most of our functions and activities we usually need your name, contact information and enough information about a particular matter to enable us to handle your enquiry, request, complaint or application.
Using your information
When you provide Brisbane EDA with your personal information we will:
- Use the information to help you use Brisbane EDA services
- Aggregate the data for analysis
- Remove personally identifiable characteristics, unless you have given us specific consent to recognise your usage on an individual basis
- Store your data on secure servers, in email databases, survey tools, event management databases and CRM
Disclosing your personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons apply:
- You have given us your consent to do so
- The information is needed to conduct a transaction between you and that person or organisation (i.e. 1:1 mentoring sessions)
- We are required by law to do so
- There are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health
- That person or organisation is providing a service to Brisbane EDA and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles
Security of your information
When handling your information, Brisbane EDA will:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and securely stored
- Monitor transmissions sent to or from Brisbane EDA for quality control and systems administration
- Strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access; however we cannot guarantee security
- Operate secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of your credit card information
- Provide a means of contacting us for accessing, correcting or updating your information
Accessing, correcting or updating your personal information
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 12260 George St
Brisbane Q 4000
At times, Brisbane EDA uses third-party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie and various social media remarketing cookies. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet such as social media platforms or the Google Content Network. As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s, or any other third party, remarketing system.
For purposes of these terms and conditions the term “Content” means a creative expression and includes, without limitation, video, audio, photographs, images, illustrations, animations, logos, tools, written posts, replies, and comments, information, data, text, software, scripts, executable files, graphics, and interactive features, any of which may be generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the service of Brisbane Business Hub partners, supporters or affiliates
Brisbane EDA distributes the information on this website as a general reference source.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than Brisbane EDA. The other websites are outside of Brisbane EDA’s control and links are provided for your convenience.
Despite our best efforts, Brisbane EDA makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Brisbane EDA disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.